About Stephen Ministry
Stephen Ministers are lay congregation members trained to provide one-to-one care to those experiencing a difficult time in life, such as grief, divorce, job loss, chronic or terminal illness, or relocation. Stephen Ministers come from all walks of life, but they all share a passion for bringing Christ’s love and care to people during a time of need.
Since 1975, more than 600,000 people from more than 13,000 congregations and other organizations have been trained as Stephen Ministers. Please take a moment to click on the links below and read the information that shares details about the role that Stephen Ministers play in the continuum of care in the church.
Training to Become a Stephen Minister
FPC is pleased to announce that we will be training a class of Stephen Ministers this fall (August 2021)! We ask that you pray and consider whether you are being called to become a Stephen Minister here at FPC.
Below are the dates to keep in mind as you consider being a part of this training class:
- Optional Information Session | Sun | Aug 1, 2021 | FPC Living Room | 11:45 AM-12:30 PM
- Optional Information Session | Tues | Aug 3, 2021 | CANCELED
- Interviews | Week of Aug 23-27, 2021 (required)
- Retreat | Fri & Sat | Sept 24-25, 2021 | Caldwell, TX (required)
- Weekly training sessions begin the week of 9/26 (required)
- Stephen Ministry Commissioning | Sun | Feb 20, 2022
If you are interested in applying to be trained as a Stephen Minister, please click on the link below and complete the application. Once completed, please scan or send the application to Patsy Powell in the caring ministry or email@example.com.
To learn more about Stephen Ministry, watch the following videos: